Table of Contents
Where is Henderson Beach State Park?
If you’ve ever driven through Destin, Florida, by way of Highway 98, you’ve probably seen the entrance to Henderson Beach State Park. The park is located along the south side of 98 between Silver Shells Beach Resort & Spa and The Henderson Beach Resort & Spa.
The main entrance to Henderson Beach State Park is found at 17000 Emerald Coast Pkwy. Destin, FL 32541.
Is Henderson Beach State Park Open to the Public?
- $6/vehicle. Limit 2-8 people/vehicle
- $4 single-occupant vehicle
- $2 pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass.
5 Reasons to Visit the Beach at Henderson Beach State Park
From the Destin Jetties, to the Okaloosa Island dunes, all the way over to the quiet beaches of Crystal Beach, there are lots of spots to “beach-it” in the Destin area. So why should you pay to visit Henderson Beach State Park, when you can post up at one of Destin’s popular public beaches for free? Here are 5 simple reasons…
1. It’s Cleaner than the Average Beach
2. You’ll Experience Natural Florida
3. Less Congestion
4. More Things to do
- Bicycling & Hiking the nature trail
- Wildlife Viewing
- Interpretive Exhibit
5. Onsite Facilities & Amenities to Make Your Day Easier
The facilities available to Henderson Beach visitors include a picnic pavilion, restrooms, shower station, and even a beach wheelchair and wheelchair accessible ramps for handicap visitors.
Camping at Henderson Beach State Park
- ADA Accessible Restroom
- Accessible Picnic Area
- BBQ Grill
- Boat Trailer Park Lot
- Trailer Parking
- Dump station
- Hot Showers
- Park Attendant
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Tables
- Potable Water
- Security Lights
- Special Event Area
- Vending Machine
Nearby Attractions & Things to do
Attractions & Things to do Close to Henderson Beach
If you want to plan a day, or an entire vacation, around a trip to Henderson Beach State Park, it’s good to know what’s nearby! Check out some of the top spots for shopping and dining within 2 miles of the park.
Restaurants Close to Henderson Beach
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are dogs allowed at Henderson Beach State Park? Dogs are allowed in the campground area and the trails, but NOT allowed on the beach or inside cabins. Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Does the park provide mobility assistance? Yes, the park offers beach wheelchairs free of charge, and accessible ramps at most sites including the beach pathway.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty? No, there is not a lifeguard on duty at Henderson Beach. There are life rings installed at several points throughout the beach in the event of a drowning.
- Is Henderson Beach open year-round? Yes, Henderson Beach State Park is open 365 days a year from 8am until sundown.