Having never visited Destin before, choosing where to stay can be one of your most difficult tasks. With over 13,000 rooms available, making a selection that is right for you can be daunting, to say the least.
Enjoy a fresh, bright & cozy condo sleeping up to six. Perfect for those in need of a getaway. Close in proximity to Sandy Feet Retreat. Can be rented together when multiple units are needed
Cozy 2 bedroom unit with only a two-minute walk to a private beach. New appliances, furniture, crib, baby gate, and high chair for your family needs. Neighboring unit to Seacove 6A *Poolside Paradise*
Here are a few things to consider:
- Beachfront hotels and vacation rentals are at a premium most days out of the year.
- Many of the beaches in Destin are private and accessed only by the adjacent condo visitors and owners. See public beaches…
- The city of Destin has more vacation rentals that are beachfront than hotels.
- If you prefer a hotel rather than a vacation rental, you will have more options in Ft. Walton Beach which is a short 15-minute drive west.
- Miramar Beach is 15 minutes to the east and has two beachfront luxury resorts as well as several vacation rentals.
When you cross the bridge and come into Destin, HarborWalk Village is immediately on your right. Continue east about 3 miles to Gulf Shore Drive. This will take you out to Holiday Isle. There are several vacation rentals here and it’s more secluded from the main road (HWY 98) in Destin.
After crossing the bridge and coming into Destin, stay on HWY 98 and you will go through the main area of Destin with lots of restaurants and attractions. You will pass Henderson Beach State Park, a great beach with full facilities. Continue east and you will arrive in the Miramar Beach area.
Since most vacation rentals are privately owned, the interior design can range greatly from room to room, even in the same resort. This will take a bit of research to find something that meets your travel needs. Some of the top-rated beachfront properties in Destin are the Sundestin, Jade East, and Pelican Beach Resort. Of course, there are many more but this will a least give you a some place to start.
Get live reviews from other travelers in our Facebook group.
- If you’re traveling on a budget, you may want to consider staying a block or two off of the beach. Hampton Inn and Suites is near Henderson Beach State Park with plenty of nearby amenities. Fairfield Inn and Suites is across the street from Henderson Beach State Park. It is walking distance to the beach if you have a beach wagon for toting all your essentials. Best to drive over if you have small kids. Check rates...
- If you’re really watching your budget, Extended Stay America may be a better choice for you. It is very close to James Lee Beach Park and Crystal Shores Public Beach access points.